Having an up to date and properly written Will is the only way to ensure that your money, property and possessions will be distributed according to your wishes.
To make a Will is also the only certain way to:
- Avoid difficulties for your relatives and friends after your passing
- Ensure that your benefactors are not paying more Inheritance Tax than they need to.
At Mortlake Law & Mediation preparing a simple Will starts from just £150. That is a small price to pay for peace of mind that your family and financial affairs are in order in the event of your passing.
What you need to think about when making a Will
- Who will act as your executor(s)
- Any specific funeral directions?
- Any gifts of money or particular items such as a car or jewellary
- Have any children from previous relationships been adequately provided for?
- Who is to receive the remainder of your estate(“the residue”)?
- If you own shares and/or run a business you may need to consider how to dispose of shares and whether to appoint a business executor.
- If your estate is worth over £325,000 you may like to consider making a Will to mitigate /avoid inheritance tax charged at 40% on the value above £325,000.
How long does drafting a Will take?
Obviously this is subjective to the nature of your affairs but a simple Will can be drafted in an hour ready for you to take away and consider.
For more complex affairs, an initial meeting will clarify what is needed, timescale and cost.
Flexible appointments & affordable fees
We can arrange for meetings 8 am – 7 pm weekdays at your home/office or a convenient place of your choice or now in the West End at The Naval Club 38 Hill Street,Mayfair London W1J 5NS
By not incurring expensive office costs, means Ie can keep my fees extremely competitive no matter how complex your affairs…the best value in West London.
Do you need to make or update a Will?
Telephone 020 81330153 or complete the contact form and we will get in contact.